Let me introduce myself[soppi gongikuwaay bi]
Greetings. Let me introduce myself. I am a missionary who has lived among the Wolof since 1993. I speak fluent Wolof. Recently I had the idea of mobilizing the community of Wolof speaking missionaries and christians to create a Bible encyclopedia using the Wikipedia technology. I was planning to create my own site from scratch when someone pointed me to your wolof section.
Thus I am writing to see what you would think if I added a Bible encyclopedia section to your wolof wikipedia site. I hope eventually it will have thousands of articles but to be honest I am not sure if anyone will actually end up contributing apart from me or not.
For this to work I would need to act as moderator for the Bible encyclopedia section which I would place either as a new major section under your main page or hijack your diine section.
English is my native language but I also speak French.
Look forward to having an interesting dialogue with you. You can also email me from my user page.
--Woloflover 09:19, 10 January 2007
- Hello! Sorry for not coming back to you sooner. I think it's a great idea to work on encyclopedic information about the Bible on the Wolof Wikipedia.
- It's not really my site, I'm just moderating a bit. Removing vandalism and little things.
- You can't just be moderator of the Bible section, but since you speak Wolof fluently it's a good idea to give you moderator rights on the entire Wolof Wikipedia. I can't do that myself, but I can help you in getting these rights. It would allow you to:
- Help removing vandalism.
- Translate parts of the interface into Wolof.
- But, you don't need moderation tools to start. And, just extend pages, instead of "hijacking". It would be great to have more interesting articles on this Wikipedia, and of course they should be linked from the Main Page, and from many other pages.
- If you start this project, I will surely try to help out with little things. It would make me more active.
- I also suggest you join the afrophonewikis email list. It's fairly active, and there are very knowledgeable people. Guaka 01:16, 3 March 2007 (UTC)
Great to hear from you. I was beginning to get worried. I gather from your personal profile you are travelling which must make it difficult to keep up with the site on a daily basis. I am happy to extend the site with entry from the main page. There is a little bit of interest here to get involved. It would simply things to have a direct email address to contact you as I only have broadband access intermittently. You can email me from my profile page. I would like to eventually get moderator rights. But in the meantime, now that I know I can get the access to the site I will start to add articles and publicise the site here in Senegal. I have a major conference coming up in a couple of weeks where I will have access to most of the people who might be interested. It is also the next time I have access to broadband to start working on the site itself. I am new to wikipedia so I will have a learning curve to master, but it doesn't look too difficult. I have a good knowledge of computers. I have taken up your advice to join the afrophonewikis group. Woloflover 11:14, 9 March 2007 (UTC)
- Hi! It's so good to see all your contributions in Wolof here! I promise that I will spend more time on this project as soon as I am connected on a more regular base. I will also encourage the Moulin project to include the Wolof Wikipedia. Bye, Guaka 07:05, 27 March 2007 (UTC)
Interface in French[soppi gongikuwaay bi]
What do you think about changing the default interface into French? Ibou does not read English, and he wants to help translate the interface.
Also, it would be great if you can check the changes suggested by him. And, maybe you even want to help with this effort?
- I think it would be a good idea to change the default interface to french. Individual users can still chose english from their user preferences. In the end I would like to see it all in Wolof with the choice of French or English from user preferences. Woloflover 12:59, 21 June 2007 (UTC)
Support needed[soppi gongikuwaay bi]
Greetings Woloflover ,
I hope you can support User:Ibou's sysop application here.
Thankyou very much. --Jose77 2 juillet 2007 à 21:58 (UTC)
Bataaxalu dalal-jàmm[soppi gongikuwaay bi]
Dalal-jàmm / Bienvenue / Welcome , Woloflover !
(wo) Bataaxalu dalal-jàmm : dila nuyu Woloflover te dila dalal ci Wikipedia. Dila gërëm ci say cëru ci bii jimbulang. Su dee dangay làkk wolof, soxla nañu la lool ngir bind walla soppi ay jukki.; walla it, sag ndimbal ci wàllu xarala. Su fekke it dangaa soxla ndimbal walla dangaa ami laaj, saytul xët wii Ndimbal, man nga maa bind ci sama xëtu waxtaanuwaay, walla nga bind sa laaj ci Wikipedia:Pénc, ci xëtu waxtaanuwaay yi, dee fa xaatim say bataaxal, deel cuq ci walla ngay bind ~~~~ ngir xaatim: dina tax, sa turu jëfandikukat ak taariix bi, feeñ ci sa wetu bataaxal. Liggéeyal ak jàmm!
(fr) Message de bienvenue : Salut Woloflover et bienvenue sur Wikipédia. Merci pour tes contributions sur cette encyclopédie libre. Si tu parles la langue wolof, nous avons extrêment besoin de toi pour éditer les articles; sinon, nous avons toujours besoin de ton aide pour l'assistance technique. Si tu as toi-même besoin d'aide ou si tu as des questions, consulte Ndimbal, demande-moi sur ma page de discussion, ou pose ta requête sur Wikipedia:Pénc. Sur les pages de discussion, signe tes messages en cliquant sur ou en écrivant ~~~~ : ceci fera afficher automatiquent ton nom utilisateur et la date. Bonne continuation!
(en) Welcome message: Hello Woloflover and welcome to Wikipedia. Thank you for your contributions to this free encyclopedia. If you speak the wolof language, we highly need you to edit articles; if you don't, we always need your help for technical support. If you need help or for any question, check out Ndimbal, ask me on my talk page, or ask your question on Wikipedia:Pénc. Please remember to sign your name on talk pages by clicking or using four tildes (~~~~): this will automatically produce your username and the date. Happy editing!
Sarr[soppi gongikuwaay bi]
Musa Sarr lenge la tude? Y "Sarr" du sante Wolof di. Sarr dei Sereer la. Good luck with your project.